Location: New York
Start Date: Immediate
Experience: 1+ years in retail and/or training
Austlen™ Baby Co. is an exciting growth-stage start-up in the juvenile products industry. We are seeking to ﬁll our merchandiser/trainer position with an enthusiastic, optimistic individual who has a strong work ethic, possesses great problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks with a great level of attention to detail. This position has responsibility for delivering outstanding training and customer service to our retailers and requires a versatile individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities.
As a merchandiser/trainer you will be responsible for demonstrating Austlen products for consumers, training sales staff and executing/maintaining visual merchandising according to Austlen standards to increase sell through of our products to both retailers and consumers. You will act as a link between Austlen’s sales team, consumers, and retail partners, providing feedback and proactively suggesting new approaches for elevating in-store merchandising and increasing sales velocity.
- Demonstrate and sell Austlen products at retail partner stores (demo days) and consumer fairs according to Austlen strategy and standards
- Train and advise sales staff of retail partners on Austlen product offering
- Ensure execution of merchandising according to Austlen standards and proactively provide guidance and suggestions for elevating in-store merchandising presence
- Complete mandatory reporting on training, demonstration and consumer fair activities as required
- Provide support for sales initiatives as required
- Provide support and execution for consumer and trade shows including but not limited to:
- Procurement of booth props, furniture, refreshments, etc.
- Set up and tear down of booth props and furniture
- Transportation of booth materials
- Collecting and compiling attendee contact information
- Working with logistics team to coordinate any on-site receiving and shipping of booth supplies
- Other duties as necessary and appropriate
- Minimum 1 year retail and/or training experience
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Creative flair and eye for details
- Professional demeanor, appearance and work resolve
- Ability to train and inspire people
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- General understanding of branding, premium products and retail sales environment
- Weekend and evening work required for consumer and trade show events
- Travel up to 35%
We are looking for someone of the highest character: trustworthiness, maturity, extreme attention to detail and proven ability to deliver results on time and without excuses. As a fast-growing company, we are a tight-knit team with a “whatever-it-takes” approach to our business and customers, and we are looking for individuals who bring that same drive and commitment with them day in and day out.
If you have the required experience and skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in which your work and results will make a significant difference, please apply now by sending your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience, skill sets and professional successes in a same or similar role to email@example.com.
Austlen Baby Co. is an equal opportunity employer, supports workplace diversity, personal growth, and fun!