Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full-time, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Start Date: Immediate
Austlen™ Baby Co. is an exciting growth-stage start-up in the juvenile products industry. We are seeking to ﬁll our office manager position with an enthusiastic, optimistic individual who has a strong work ethic, possesses great problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks with a great level of attention to detail. This position has responsibility for delivering outstanding service to our customers (both internal and external) and requires a versatile individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities.
You’ll be paired with the head of our business operations with responsibility within a myriad of areas. You’ll contribute to customer support in a significant manner, with this being a large part of the role over time. Additionally, you will have duties within accounting, human resources and facilities. This work will require a professional, poised and polished individual that has great customer service skills and can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to step in and help whenever and wherever needed as priorities shift and needs arise within the organization.
We are looking for someone of the highest character: trustworthiness, maturity, extreme attention to detail and proven ability to deliver results on time and without excuses. As a fast-growing company, we are a tight-knit team with a “whatever-it-takes” approach to our business and customers, and we are looking for individuals who bring that same drive and commitment with them day in and day out.
Customer Support, Office Management, Administrative Functions, Executive Assistant, Project Management, Data Entry, Travel Coordination, Accounting, Bookkeeping, HR Support, NetSuite
SKILL SETS / EXPERTISE:
- Degree and/or experience within accounting/finance, marketing, customer support, business management or similar.
- Must be willing to be trained on all aspects of our products and their functionality so that you can readily and appropriately respond to customer inquiries, consumer requests, retailer needs, etc.
- Must be an effective individual contributor and a solid team player in order to be successful in this role.
- Must easily jump from one priority to another and multi-task as needed in a start-up environment.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate to advanced level of technical proficiency with software and be able to learn new software as needed as part of this role.
- Written and verbal communication skills will be key in this role. It is so important, actually, that we ask you to not apply for this role unless you consider yourself to be an excellent writer and an articulate communicator.
- Must be extremely organized and detail and process-oriented. Juggling many balls at one time is an absolute must in this role. Not missing details and not allowing things to fall by the wayside is of the utmost importance.
- Must be thoughtful and intuitive in order to bring not just issues, but proposed resolutions, to the team and/or customers.
- Important personality traits: determined, persistent, calm, patient, loyal, thorough, problem-solver, team-oriented and just plain fun to work with.
- MS Office suite – intermediate to advanced user (especially within Excel)
- Availability to work at our north Austin office location Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (written work samples will be required during screening process and both individual and group interviews may be conducted)
- Professional appearance, demeanor and work resolve
- Three professional references and a background check will be required as part of the screening process
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with using NetSuite
- Working knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping principles
If you have the required experience and skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity in which your work and results will make a significant difference, please apply now by sending your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience, skill sets and professional successes in a same or similar role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Austlen Baby Co. is an equal opportunity employer, supports workplace diversity, personal growth, and fun!